Monday, May 18, 2009

"Interesting news!"

Bolt sets 150m world record
Published: Monday May 18, 2009
MANCHESTER, England (AP):
Usain Bolt ran the world's fastest 150 metres to win a soggy street sprint yesterday that marked his return to action after a car crash left him requiring foot surgery.
In windy Manchester, the triple Olympic champion ran down the northern English city's main thoroughfare in 14.35 seconds, breaking Donovan Bailey's 12-year-old world best of 14.99 in the rarely run 150. Pietro Mennea of Italy ran in a hand-timed 14.8 in 1983.
"It is one more to the tally," the 22-year-old Bolt said. "It's my first major competition of the season so I was just happy to come out and run injury free and run a good time."
Appeared to stumble
The Jamaican appeared to stumble after surging out of the blocks but then got into his stride. He then struggled to slow down after the finish, despite organisers extending the temporary track by 70 metres, and crashed into a camera.
"I was kind of worried, I thought I was going to die at the end," he joked. "My agent told me that the finish of the race was the clock and I was running after the race was done, about 50 metres more.

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20090518/sports/sports2.html

I think that Usain Bolt should keep on breaking ll the records.

No comments:

Post a Comment